Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Be a Valentin

One of the first questions Fr.  Paisie asked me when I arrived at Lakkoskiti was if I remembered a person that I had overlapped with for a couple days four years ago, Valentin by name.  He is married with children, all living in Bucharest.  He comes to Lakkoskiti three or four times a year.  According to Fr. Paisios, every time he comes he asks about me and wants to make sure they’re praying for me.  

Fr. Paisie phoned him on Sunday, and we were able to talk for some time, including exchanging contact information so we can stay in touch.  He knew about my pituitary tumor (removed in 2015, the same year we met), and wanted updates on my health, and on my family.  He exudes a compassionate faithfulness, even to a passing acquaintance.  Humbling.  It made me want to be a Valentin.   With God’s help, maybe we all can be a Valentin to some unsuspecting and needy soul.